Telephone Service Issues - Trouble Making or Receiving Calls
Sometimes service issues can be solved with simple trouble shooting. Please complete the following steps to see if they will resolve the service issue.
Trouble making calls:
1. Ensure that you are dialing the correct number.
2. Ensure that you do not have call restriction subscription set for the number your are calling.
3. Check to see if the problem is only occurring on one device. If the problem occurs with only one device, the problem is with the device and not the phone line. The device will have to be repaired or replaced.
4. If you are using a cordless phone, unplug the base from the telephone line and the power source for 20 minutes. Plug in a corded phone and test the phone line.
5. If the trouble continues, Report Trouble on the SCTC Website and a trouble ticket will be opened. An SCTC Customer Service Representative will be in touch as soon as possible with service updates via the provided email or alternate phone number.
Trouble receiving calls:
1. If you are having trouble receiving calls, ensure that the ringer on the device is set to the on position.
2. Follow steps 3-5 above.