Telephone Service Issues - Static on the line
Sometimes service issues can be solved with simple trouble shooting. Please complete the following steps to see if they will resolve the service issue.
1. Unplug the phone from the wall jack.
2. Plug a different working phone into the wall jack.
3. Check to see if static is still heard or don't hear a dial tone.
4. If the issue goes away, repair or replace the phone you just unplugged from the wall jack.
5. If static is still heard, test all other jacks in home to confirm same static noise. That will indicate possible line issue to be called in.
6. If possible, test at the NID (Phone utility box on outside of home) A test jack will be found on the NID.
7. If static is heard at the NID please Report Trouble on the SCTC Website and a trouble ticket will be opened. An SCTC Customer Service Representative will be in touch as soon as possible with service updates via the provided email or alternate phone number.